Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Priestess of The Moon Tis' I

I waded in the water.  I felt smooth stones and sticks under my feet.  I stood for a while and watched dusk settle over the trees.  It was so quiet.  I heard the babbling of the creek and realized I was alone, yet not.  Birds flew overheard, breezes blew and I was certain Mother Nature's critters were also looking at me, I just couldn't see them, but I knew they were there.


Plum Creek, site our August Full Moon Celebration

I am a Priestess of The Moon, dedicated to the Great Goddess, Mother of All Living.  She goes by ten thousand names and sometimes I call to Her by those names, other times She is simply the Divine Blessed Mother who watches over me, sustains me.

I know the rising and setting of the Moon.  I greet Her each day and watch for Her in the night sky.  When I see the Moon I am at peace and feel secure.  I know all is well.

I work my magick by the Moon cycles.  When the Moon is waxing I work for increase, when the Moon is waning I work for letting go.  When the Moon is dark, I wait and go within.

I listen for Her guidance.  I meditate upon prayers dedicated to the Great Goddess, the Earth, our World, and the Great Mystery which is our Universe.

I love the Sun.  I love sunny, warm days.  I love sunrises and sunsets.  Yet, it is the Moon that fills me, guides me sustains me.  I've come to know that even our monthly calendar is based on the lunar cycle, not the solar cycle.

The Moon is hidden, even when She appears in the sky.  There is a side of Her that can never been seen, much like ourselves.  She too has a powerful shadow side and only one side of Her face is lit by the Sun.

Last night we celebrated the Full Moon in Aquarius. How wonderful it is to gather with others of like mind, and worship in Nature.  We don't need to go into a building for prayer and worship as the sky is our chapel, the Earth our floorboards, and the grass our pews.  Just recently watching the Olympics I was touched as London clearly honors and remembers their Pagan roots, by evidence of the Glastonbury Tor and the Maypole so prominent in the ceremony.  I felt the Goddess was happy to be remembered and honored.

I walked a lot of paths before I found Her.  I'm so happy and grateful She waited for me.  I believe She waits for others to remember and honor Her.  Our world has spun out of balance by focusing only on male perspectives and patriarchal religions.

May She continue to rise each night and may we continue to honor Her.

Blessed Be.

Priestess Najah

No comments:

Post a Comment