Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Friday, August 10, 2012

Misinformation in the Media

 
The article cited "Hoodoo" as a religion with the following quote:
"Practices like animal sacrifice are also played up by the media for tantalizing headlines. Voodoo and related faiths, like Santeria and Hoodoo, are called into question when a dead animal is found or a seemingly ritualistic crime is committed. Yet, Deos notes, the use of animals in Voodoo is very rare, and when it does occur, it is in...
the context of a ritual of thanksgiving, and the animal is cooked and consumed by the community as a meal."

SIGH. Even in an article describing the misinformation regarding minority religions, once again, Hoodoo was described as a religion and it is NOT a religion! Furthermore, most practitioners are deeply Christian (which I am not obviously). Sad, they didn't take the time to check their facts.

This I why I do not use the words "Hoodoo" or "Voodoo" to describe my practice. I've already written a blog article about the differences, http://sistermoon13.blogspot.com/2012/07/hoodoo-voodoo-conjure-witchcraft-what.html

Hopefully my comments will help to educate the public on what Hoodoo and Conjure is and what it is not. Furthermore I do not use animals in ANY type of sacrifice or work. This is against my personal code of ethics. I find all I need through the use of prayer, Nature, herbs and roots, oils and candles and the blessings of the Goddess.

May we all be thrice blessed as we continue to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment