Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Friday The 13th!

Ooooh, it's Friday the 13th!  I just get giddy about this day.  Not only is Friday named in honor of the sexy-warrior Goddess Freya, 13 is the number of Full Moons in a year, the first year of puberty, a baker's dozen, as well as countless other good things.  Today I also learned 13 is the number of cards in each suite, in a deck of cards.

Since in my last post I talked about reclaiming the word "Witch", let us also reclaim the number 13.  Information abounds on the net about the history of the Knights Templar and why this day became superstitious one.  Have fun reading about the history of the Knights Templar and the Friday the 13th, and all the other superstitions

How this day came to be associated with Witches and Black cats, I'm not exactly sure.  Just thinking out loud about this topic as I write, in my research I have come to understand that a lot of the superstitions are religious based and perhaps Witches got a bad rap, because of the 13 Full Moons in a year.  Who knows?

At any rate, Friday the 13th is a good day.  The number 13 is a sacred number, a good number and it's the current number of followers on my blog!  Thank you!

Go on and have yourself a Happy Friday the 13th!

Priestess Najah

No comments:

Post a Comment