Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tai Chi Me

I'm back from Tai Chi class.  Remember the Charlie Brown cartoon where the teacher is talking to the students and all you can hear is "blah, blah, blah"?  That's what tonight felt like.  I felt like everyone was speaking a language I didn't understand - "tiger returns to the cave, fair maiden works the shuttles, plant the hammer, as if to be sealed" - WHAT?!  I don't get it.  Hold yourself as if your head is being held upright by a string, well if I hold my head upright I can see the f*cking postures!  And then, does anyone have any questions?  Uh, yeah  can you print that out for me? No way, read your manual.  Ok, but I still don't get it.

But then some good things did happen.  I almost tied my belt correctly.  I got some help with my Chi Kung postures and now I just might be able to run through all six successfully, at home.  And during class I stopped trying to "get it" and just started following and the form started coming.  And before I knew it the gong rang and class was over.  And the people are so nice.  They are all very open and accomodating.  Guess when you're in a room with 30 people who can snap your neck, there's no need to be mean or intimidating.  After Tai Chi was over, they convinced me to try the Kung Fu class.  Just come and try it.  You need to see the entire picture.  Uh, ok.  So now I'm going to Kung Fu tomorrow night.  Pray I just get my Gi on right.

End Trans 1/13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment