Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Training With Grandmaster Sin Kwang The

Yesterday for the very first time I met and trained with the living Grandmaster of our Shao-lin Art, Grandmaster Sin Kwang The.

Each year he travels to the schools to teach us and our Masters, and have those moving up in the degrees of Black Belt, to test before him.

I was giddy as a school girl waiting for him to arrive.  If was if we were waiting for Santa.  And then he was there.  Small in stature, humble in nature, gigantic in skill and talent, he led us through 12 hours of training, teaching us two Immortal Forms of Shao-lin Kung Fu! 

Grandmaster Sin Kwang The



I have always loved martial arts.  I grew up in Los Angeles, CA where Asian culture has a huge influence on daily life.  I went to elementary school with many Asian-American children and I've  been fascinated with Asian culture since I could remember.  Surely there must have been a past life as a Chinese or Japanese person.  Visiting China in 2011 was an amazing experience.  What a blessing it was to travel to China with my Shao-lin school in 2011 and see and perform at the Shaolin Temple, the birthplace of Kung Fu.

Yesterday I felt the same reverence as we trained with Grandmaster The.  Even in his humbleness, I could sense the lineage and the time and training he has put into Shao-lin Kung Fu, and he is 70 years old! Wow! 

Shao-lin Kung Fu continues to train my mind, body and spirit, and take me places I never thought I would attain.  I feel inspired to continue training to my next degree of Black Belt.  Attaining my next degree will take at least another year of dedication and training, but I am inspired by the dedication, friendship and support of my Shao-lin buddies.  We shall continue to carry on!










No comments:

Post a Comment