Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Friday, June 7, 2013

Vampires, True Blood and Anne Rice

True Blood returns to HBO on June 16, 2013.  I can hardly wait.  I have a passion for Vampires, Witches, New Orleans, cemeteries and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. 

I fell down the Vampire hole when I first saw "Interview With the Vampire" in the theatre.  During that time lots of people were reading Anne Rice and excitement about her writing was everywhere.  Honestly at that time I didn't understand what was the big deal.  And then I went to see the movie and this scene appeared before my eyes:

When she opened her eyes and looked at "Louis" a recognition shot through my soul, that I still have a hard time putting into words.

Who was this writer, who were these characters that spoke so deeply to my soul?.  I was a changed person after seeing "Interview With the Vampire".  I became obsessed with Anne Rice novels and and read all her Vampire Chronicles.  I was like a parched traveler in the desert, finding an oasis.  My favorite Chronicle is "Tale of the Body Thief".  And to my great glory, I met Anne Rice at an Author's signing and she signed my copy of  "Tale of the Body Thief".

I feel in love with Lestat and his unapologetic nature.  There is nothing sexier than a Vampire without guilt or remorse.  And definitely one that doesn't twinkle.  No sparkling Vampires for this woman.

On my first trip to New Orleans, I had a wonderful day touring the Garden District.  As fate would have it, I was alone the day I walked the Garden District and stood outside Anne Rice's home.  At the time she was still living in New Orleans.  I also toured Lafayette Cemetery No. 1.  While I was in the cemetery I had a creepy experience with one of the Guides.  Of course he was dressed in a top hat and had on round, blue sunglasses, which made it all the better.

Fast forward to True Blood.  I was hooked after the first episode of Season 1.  I could live and work in Bon Temps.  I'd have a little shack where I wrote and sometimes did Conjure work for folks, if I was in the mood to do so.  I'd take walks in the cemetery and have lunch at Merlotte's.  And I'd be a friend of the Vampires, but knowing their nature and that immortality is not what its cracked up to be, I'd stay away from their fangs.

Priestess Najah


No comments:

Post a Comment