Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Renn Faire Magick

The Colorado Renn Faire opened June 15, 2013 and I went this past weekend.  How I love the Renn Faire!  I've been attending since 1992 and every time I go it just gets better and better.

The first time I set foot on the Renn Faire grounds, in the summer of 1992, I knew I had a found a magickal place.  The Faire was filled with people who thought like me and loved the Rennaissance period of history.

Like other Faire goers, the first few times I attended the Faire, I did not wear period clothing.  That just seemed a little too much for me.  Plus its silly right to dress and pretend your're wench, a fairy, a knight of the court, a lady in waiting, or a mysterious, magickal person, a Witch, walking through the realm, right?  WRONG!

As the fates would have it, one year I took my son to the Renn Faire when he was just a little boy.  We noticed ta "costumes for rent" tent, right outside the Faire gates.  We took the plunge, rented costumes and the magickal doors of the Faire opened to us.  We didn't know at the time, we'd picked a prince's costume for my son.  Everywhere we went through the Faire, people bowed to him, and he went before the court and bowed before the king.  Oh what a great day that was and I've been going in "costume" ever since.  I put "costume" in quotes, because now I have real Renni clothes, that I just love wearing to the Faire and any other place that is appropriate.  To me, they are my real clothes.  When I get dressed up in my Renni clothes and saunter through the Faire, I feel at home:

You meet the nicest people at the Faire.  After years of attending, I've now got friends who come to work the Faire for the 8 weeks the Faire is running.  I'm secretly jealous of their ability to do this!  I've always fantasized about having my own little Gypsy cart and traveling the country, going from Faire to Faire.  Well, it still could happen!
This year I took a friend to the Faire who had never been before.  She was a "Renn Faire Virgin".  I supplied her with clothes, stressing to her how much more fun she would have, if she dressed up.  Thankfully she is good sport as well as being an author, and she loved it!  We had such a good time.
And to put an end to our magickal day at the Faire, as we were leaving, a woman came up to me and asked, "Are you Witches?"  Of course I turned to her and said, "Yes, I am! "

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment