Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Powerful First Week of Spring 2013!

The first week of Spring has come to an end and what a rush it has been!  On Tuesday, March 19th, we celebrated Minerva's Day.  On my Priestess Najah Facebook page, you can see some wonderful photos of my visit to Bath, England and my photos of the Roman Baths.  It was here that I was introduced to the Goddess Minerva.  I had hoped upon traveling to England, I would be introduced to facets of the Goddess I had not yet known.  What a blessing it was to meet Goddess Minerva in her temple of Sulis Minerva, in Bath, England!

On Wednesday, March 20th, we welcomed Ostara and the first day of Spring.  I previously posted my Ostara altar and photos.  As we move past Ostara, I am grateful for those of us that keep the Wheel,  follow and acknowledge the turn of the seasons.  For years before I found my path to the Goddess, I always wondered, "what does a bunny and an egg have to do with Easter?".  I am grateful I no longer have those questions!

And on Friday, March 22nd, it was opening day at the Denver March Powwow!  The Denver March Powwow holds a very special place in my heart.  For years I attended the Powwow as a spectator, then for a few years I was blessed to be a vendor at the Powwow.  How special it was to arrive early and set up the booth, hang out and chat with other vendors, and dancers before the general public arrived.  Now I have returned to spectator mode and I'm having a great time. As a person who hails from Black and Cherokee ancestry, the Powwow holds special meaning for me.  My paternal Grandfather was a full-blooded Cherokee Indian.  In addition, while we follow paths of a European nature, the Powwow gives us the opportunity to be with and honor the Indigenous People of North America.  We have wonderful power, right here in the native soil of North America.   Below is a photo of the beautiful Denver March Powwow Grand Entry, followed by a video the Teen Girls Fancy Shawl dancing:








To end the week,  today (March 23, 2013), Mother Nature has sent Denver a wicked Spring Storm.




 I suppose we need to slow down a bit after such a busy week.  However I am grateful for the burst of life that comes with the first week of Spring. That's really what its about, right?!

Hope you are enjoying your first week of Spring.

Bright Blessings,
Priestess Najah

No comments:

Post a Comment