Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A New Pope

Yesterday the Catholic World elected a new Pope. I watched the pagentry, pomp and circumstance with mixed emotions. 

I was glad to see the Catholic Church elect a Pope from Argentina.  My thoughts had been if the Catholic Church wants to keep moving ahead and growing, they should elect a Pope from lands where people live their faith and practice it.  In my mind that clearly was Latin America.  And that's what they did.  So bully for them. And that's where my enthusiasm ended.  Clearly I do not support a religion or way of life that is steeped in misogyny.

Next I wondered, would I ever live to see the day, where thousands of people are gathered on a hillside worshipping the Goddess, openly?  Would it make media coverage, would the World be rapt in awe as we honor Her presence, Her wisdom, Her ways?  Probably not. 

And it came to me this will not happen for many reasons, first and foremost being, we do not proselytize.  We don't seek to convert.  If you find us we are here, but we will not seek you out.  And it for this reason many of us are drawn to practice the Old Religion, Nature Religions, the Old Ways.  We don't actively seek to infringe our thoughts and beliefs upon others.  We simply seek to practice our ways, in peace.

It struck me odd that Catholicism is growing rapidly in Africa.  When I think of Africa, I think of the Motherland, there's that word "Mother" and of tribal ancient communities.  Why would Catholicism be taking root there?  However we know the power and the long arm of the Church and their missionaries are strong.  It made me a bit a sad to think of Africans in the Motherland coverting to Catholicism.

This morning my Earth Psalm prayer was a good one.  I use my Earth Psalms as an Oracle and I am always pleasantly surprised by what returns.  The ending line in today's prayer was "I await that day Goddess.  I will work and prepare for that day".

And so we continue to work and prepare the way.  Bit by bit little by little, we keep letting the World know we are here, and even more so, SHE is here.

Blessed Be Upon all Pagan, Witches, Believers, Priestesses and Priests, Everywhere.

Priestess Najah

No comments:

Post a Comment