Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Hail the Dark Goddess - Guest Post Priestess Amber Zeta

The Wheel Turns is excited to have Amber Zeta, Priestess, Mythologist, Change Agent, Goddessprenuer of Zeta Moon, and founder of Denver's Dark Goddess Festival, be our first guest blogger!

Take it away Priestess Amber!

The Dark Goddess Festival is an afternoon dedicated to the shadows, the inner mysteries, and the Dark Goddess!  A celebration of the Dark Mother, The Crone, and the Veiled One. I created this festival eleven years ago in response to a call from Kali Ma. It also came out of a desire to create a different kind of festival. At the time, I felt frustrated by how all the festivals had fees attached and back then, I barely had five dollars to my name. I felt jealous and upset that not only could I not afford the entry fee to attend festivals, but once in, it felt like a slap in the face as everything required a purchase to enjoy it, be it food, merchandise, or getting a reading or healing. The Goddess asked, “Why don’t you create a new festival then?”
So, I did. I felt called to bring to light the Dark Goddess because She is often misunderstood and taken for an agent of ill tempered forces. However, in my experience, She helped me out of my shadow self, into integration and understanding of myself in ways I was not reaching through other pathways.  The Dark Goddess represents our deepest desires, our primal instinctive side, and hidden knowledge as well as the potency of being you, your true you. Always through love, She cuts away all that does not serve a person; what is not in their best interest is severed. Like a tough love mother, She takes away what does not contribute to you, regardless of how you feel about it or how attached you might be to that thing. Only for your highest possibilities does She act. This is the gift I wish to share with others through the Dark Goddess Festival.
The Dark Goddess Festival remains free of vendors and an admission fee. There is entertainment, dancing, ritual, healers and readers available, for free or for reasonable fees, and a door prize raffle to help me offset costs of running the festival. I think of it as a gift I share with the community—the focus is on connection and experiences. I consider myself a bridge, connecting people to resources and others that may contribute to their lives and well being. This year, I would like to reach more like minded others who are seeking the Dark Goddess. I have a new volunteer committee to help me with advertising and marketing, a few of my lesser gifts. This year will be the 9th Annual Dark Goddess Festival and as 9 is a very sacred number to the Goddess, I expect it will be a very potent and juicy one. I am looking forward to seeing what She has in store for the festival and us!
A mythologist, healer, and energy shifter, I have studied every metaphysical modality I can. I have a passion for learning and will always be reaching for the next level. I hold a  BA degree in Liberal Arts English with a Women Studies’ Minor and a Masters in Mythological Studies with a Depth Psychology Emphasis, which is Jungian and post Jungian theory. A practice witch and healer, I am honored to be a part of this growing Goddess priestesshood. Bright blessings and may the Darkness be Merciful!

Please feel free to visit Priestess Amber at her website; http://www.zetamoon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment