Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Celebrate the Light!

I look out from my window this morning and I see blue sky, slowly being overtaken by a rolling patch of grey clouds.

It's the morning of the longest night, the night of the Winter Solstice.

I'm excited because I know this night starts the celebrations. All over the world people will celebrate the return of the Sun, our ability to survive dark times and bask once again in the Light. This seems especially important this year, in light of all the things that are happening in the United States and on our planet.

I am especially grateful my article, "Drumming Up The Sun," was published by Llewellyn Books in the 2017 Magical Almanac. The ritual of the Denver Pagan community heading up to Red Rocks Amphitheater in the dark early hours on Winter Solstice morning, has long held a special place in my heart. Red Rocks has long been a place of joy and celebration for me, since the first time I attended a concert there in the 1980's. I feel blessed to have my thoughts and feelings about this wonderful place printed and published.



I am also grateful to write for one of Denver's and the country's top metaphysical stores, Herbs and Arts. My piece for their website titled, "Winter Light," tries to lend a bit of magick and reflection to this time of year, especially for those who practice and believe in the Old Ways, while living in these modern times.

We all seem to hearken back to "olden times," during the Holidays,  in our memories or imaginations. It seems we need to believe in simpler times or imagine peaceful, serene, compassionate settings to help us cope with the stress of our lives.

Perhaps above all else, that is the reason why we so fervently celebrate the return the Light. It matters. It is important. May the Light continue to shine in all our lives.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment