Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Passion For Writing

I've hit a milestone. I "finished" the story I've been working on for the past several months, which I actually started 9 years ago. Next week I'm headed to my first Writer's Conference, the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer's Gold Conference, which will be held here in Denver.

I'm nervous, scared and excited about the Conference.  Writing is my passion and naturally I want to make a good first presentation.  Thankfully I found a a wonderful Youtube video by Teresa Funke, which has been extremely helpful in preparing to "pitch" at a Writer's Conference.  If "pitching" is in your future, I highly recommend it!  As a writer, I would scribble on walls if I didn't have paper or a computer. I am one of those people who appreciates the opportunities technology has brought to share one's writing. And I thank anyone and everyone who takes time to read my writing!

Now that I've put my story to rest for a while, I find myself wondering what next story or opportunity will captivate my interest. I've got story fodder dancing around in my head, which is good - so I don't feel I'm at a loss for material. I did my New Moon Tarot reading, and it appears doors are opening for me.  Yay!  I'm going to step through them, whether my mundane self is ready or not!

I'm working on getting over my sadness of Summer leaving. Each day I see the leaves change and spiral down to the ground.  I love warm weather, my garden, flowers and green trees. Yesterday I spent the morning at the Denver Botanic Gardens and took in the beautiful colors of the season. 



Spiritually I'm not looking forward to Winter.  I'm not looking forward to scraping ice from windshield, wearing 50 pounds of clothes and brown knuckling it, through icy roads and crazy drivers. I know I can't control the weather, no matter what kind of Witch I may think I am, so I've got to find a way to embrace to the upcoming season. And don't get me wrong, of course I love Halloween, but after that its pretty much downhill for me, until Spring.

I hope wherever you are you are enjoying the last days of Summer and if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, the ending of Winter and you're looking forward to Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Brown knuckling...made me pause and think about it for a beat. Very funny! I like that you write like I can hear you talking and laughing in my head. :)

    -Molly L.

    ReplyDelete