Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Friday, January 11, 2013

"Drawing Down", Myth, Mythology and Religion

"Arms outstretched wide, I open my Spirit and Being to the Goddess.  I recite "The Charge" fueled with Her presence and feel the glory of the Divine wash over and through me".  It occurs to me that as I describe my ecstatic experience, I use words describing the experience as outside myself, bringing something into myself which is not within me.  Have I done myself a disservice?

Lately my thoughts have been turning to Myths, Mythology and Religion.  I have found myself returning to the powerful PBS series, "The Power of Myth" with Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers.  How refreshing it was for a deep thinker such as myself to find the series online.  I recently reviewed the Episode 5, "Love and the Goddess" and you can view it here:




My altar is covered with statues of the Goddess.  She who cannot be named, She of ten thousand names and faces; Yemaya, Isis, Ishtar, Lilith, just for starters.  I call to Her, pray to Her, but am I really calling to a place deep within me?  When I meditate I close my eyes and go within.  All pointers for a making connection with a Higher Power, say to go within.   Perhaps in the ritual of "Drawing Down the Goddess", instead of "Drawing Down", we should be "Drawing Out".  If we are made of Stardust and Earth, She dwells within us.  The Moon reminds of us of what is within.   Tapping into that innate Higher Power is the hard part. Bringing it forth and acknowledging the Power is within us is even harder, all the while maintaining our humility.

And so I venture forth into the morning dawn and dark night, greeting the Sun, the Moon and Stars.   Trying hard to see inside myself, that which exists in timeless, nameless spaces and places.  Let the Moon and Stars remind me of my true Divinity, that which is within and not separate from myself.

Blessed Be and Happy New Moon,
Priestess Najah

No comments:

Post a Comment