Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fairy Tales Do Come True


I woke this morning at 4:00 a.m. to watch the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton, now Princess Catherine. I was completely enchanted and awed by the ceremony. It was as if all the story books I read as a little girl, became real and I too was present at the ceremony.

My husband questioned how I could be so enthralled in what is clearly a Christian ceremony, steeped in a thousand year lineage. It was easy for me to put aside religious differences and simply bask in the happiness and joy of a royal wedding. As a  romantic medieval enthusiast there were many things that  made my heart cheer:

First as an African American Witch, I was proud to see Black children in the choir and Black people in the crowd, and Black men in the calvary. We are often left out in European history and it was awesome to see us in included in the ceremony and cheering on the celebration.

Then there were the green trees in the Abbey, the pictures of the Virgin Mary, the handfasting during the ceremony, and the old english being spoken.   I knew the Goddess was there even though Her name was never mentioned.  And as was quoted by Selena Fox on Facebook, they are definitely the May Queen and King of Beltane.  The timing couldn't be any more appropriate.  Did they secretly know this?  I wondered how many people were actually saying Pagan prayers as was I during the ceremony.

To add to the magick of the morning, when I did turn and look out my front window, there was the crescent Moon shining brightly in the eastern dawn.  Words fail me to describe the beauty of the moment.

I wish Prince William and Princess Catherine much happiness, love, peace and blessings.  I was a big fan of Princess Diana, and I know she would have been very proud of her sons today.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment