Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blessed Imbolc

Today the Wheel Turns and we recognize and honor Brigid, the Goddess of secrets, initiation, fire and light.  Most of the country is submerged in snow and ice.  Here in Denver its a sacred -13 degrees.

When I woke this morning the Earth was quiet and snow is still on the ground.  I was conscious of the sacredness of this day.  Instead of turning on all the lights, I lit my blessed candle from Kildare, Ireland from the flame of St. Brigid, and felt the warmth of the promise of hope.  Renewed hope in the knowledge that albeit we are cold and the Earth in most parts of the Northern Hemisphere, is covered in snow, seeds are germinating, Spring is on its way. 

In another time and place, I see myself wandering down a path in a snow covered forest.  I make my way to altar where a single white candle burns bright.  I lay my offerings at the altar.  I remove my hood and notice a fire a burns strong and bright in the center of the Circle.  I throw sacred herbs into the fire and they crackle and spark.  Forest creatures gather at the outskirts of my Circle to witness and celebrate this sacred day with me.  I lift my arms to the skies, as I cry out Blessed Imbolc, Beloved Goddess, Blessed Be!

Blessed Be.

Najah
http://www.craftandconjure.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment