Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

This Week's Magick

A spider bit me.  It bit me right on my neck, otherwise known as the throat chakra.  The bite left also left me with a swollen lymph node on my neck, which is very painful.  The bite is large enough that you can actually see two black dots where the spider sunk it's fangs into my neck.  Ouch and creepy.  I've been to the doctor and she felt the bite was significant enough to warrant a tetanus shot.  Now I've got a sore neck and a sore arm.

But moving in the realms that I do, I know there is more to this spider bite than just the physical.  As one of my dear magickal sisters reminded me, "what is spider trying to tell you?".  Hmmmm.

I know from my training as a reader of Medicine Cards that Grandmother Spider comes to tell you to "write!" Put it down on paper!  I am a lifelong journaler, but I've been hit and miss at keeping up my blog.  I guess she finally got my attention, so with that I'm making a commitment to post to my blog, at least once a week.  Guess my throat chakra has a lot to say.  So here we go, may we enjoy the ride. 

This Week's Magic

I worked for 2 clients this week.  I'm in a long term work for a client who has a substantial court case.  Several times a week I light a candle on her honey jar and pray for her success, in accordance with the will of my Higher Power - the Divine Mother Goddess and for the highest good of all concerned.  It fills my soul to work Hoodoo for people.  I have been blessed with a great gift and I am honored to be able to work for those in need.

I also crafted a cleansing package for a client who needs to let go of some yucky stuff in her life.  Oh, everything smelled so wonderful!  I dressed and fixed a 7 day vigil candle with strong cleansing herbs of rosemary, eucalyptus and peppermint.  I also made a condition oil and bath salt for her. 

On the spiritual side, we are coming up on Imbolc, one of the great Sabbats of the Pagan/Wiccan calendar.  This year Imbolc is celebrated on February 2, which is also Groundhog's day.  Imbolc celebrates the heralding of Spring and St. Brigid.  Even though in most parts of the country, snow still covers the ground, we know that the Earth is stirring.  Seeds are germinating and the first blooms of flowers are just around the corner.  Adding even more magick to this day is the fact that it is also the New Moon!

Peace and Blessings,
Najah
http://www.craftandconjure.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment