Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

All Hail the Queen Mother - Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra

It's been a hell of a week. Last week recovering from the shock of the U.S. Presidential Election, my post was about the blue candle of hope. Today it's about how we are handling, getting over, coping with the outcome and the revelations of disturbing things that seem to be popping up everyday - in direct correlation, to the man who is now the Presidential Elect.

Add to all that emotion, the power of the Super Full Moon, which blew the world away with its majesty and beauty. Astronomers told us it was the largest Super Full Moon in seventy years. Is it any coincidence we had the biggest, brightest Full Moon, during what is the darkest time for many in the country?

Personally, I was blessed to be a part of a glorious Full Moon ritual, which helped a lot. I know many people are praying, doing what they can in their own ways, to help us heal, move forward and avert paths that would be disastrous for our county, our global sisters and brothers and the planet.

That is why in my quest for healing and escape, I found myself watching a gloriously restored version, of Elizabeth Taylor as the Great Mother herself, the divine and powerful Goddess, as "Cleopatra" which was released in 1963. A shout out to Netflix, for having it in their library.

When Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra enters Rome, it is one of the most sweeping, epic, emotionally charged and chilling scenes, I've ever seen in a movie. I too felt as if I was on the streets of Rome, cheering the arrival of the Great Mother, begging and waiting for her to save us from ourselves. Even the wives of the Roman senate had to stand and give her, her due. Even they recognized whom they were seeing. The entire scene brought tears to my eyes, as I realized this is what we have lost - respect. Respect and honor for women. Respect and honor for the Divine Mother, the womb of creation. I too wept.

I've provided a YouTube link of Cleopatra's entrance:


Granted, it's a very long movie and I'm still making my way through it. Seems I've tried on many occasions to watch the entire film. I know the ending, but now I'm taking the viewing in bits. Seems this is best way, to make it through the 4 hour run time.

As an Earth-based, sister-priestess of the Divine Feminine, if there was a posthumous award to be given for portraying the Divine Mother, Elizabeth Taylor would win it. She is unflinching in her portrayal of the Great Mother. She exudes the strength and character we so desperately need in these trying times, of our own, in the year 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment