Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Piercing Full Moon

It was a piercing Full Moon - literally.  Today I am still feeling the mystic high from my Blue Moon initiation.

Yesterday I got my ear pierced.  Mind you this is not the piercing at the Mall type, where you sit in a chair and they take the gun, and bam(!), your ear lobe is pierced.

No, this is a "piercing" right through the cartliage of my ear.  I earned it. Just like the badge of courage one gets when you get a tattoo.  And I got it on the Full Moon at Blue Door Tattoo, here in Denver.  A Blue Moon Piercing at the Blue Door Tattoo shop.  Its kind of poetic.

I was terrified.  I was grateful my girlfriend went with me and held my hand.  I had to had everything explained to me in great detail.  I give the utmost credit, to Cami, my piercer, for her kindness, gentleness and professionalism.

And oh yeah, I felt it when she pushed the needle through the my ear.  But it was quick and I was thrilled when it was done.  I felt high.  I'm sure anyone who has gotten a tattoo or piercing can relate to the feeling, you feel when your tat or piercing is done.

I love my piercing.  It looks like it has always been there, which to me is a good sign that we put the hoop in the right place.  Its still very tender and sore.  It definitely lets me know its there, when I touch it, and it will take a significantly long time to heal.  But thats ok, because I know that in the caring for it, I will learn much.  I've already learned much about myself and my dedication, through the experience.  I will always remember that I got my first piercing (and maybe my one and only) on the Blue Moon of August 2013.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment