Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Long View


Last night we watched "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"  .  It touched my heart for many reasons.  In the movie, the owner of the Marigold Hotel says " “Everything will be all right in the end. If it’s not all right, it is not yet the end”

I've been thinking about this quote.  If I truly believe, know I have lived before and believe in reincarnation, why I am in such a hurry to do all, know all, be all, now?

I thought about the perspective of life from a culture which has been in continuous existence for thousands of years.  I thought to myself, one would slow down and not be in such a rush.  And in the words of the above quote, if things were going badly I would truly relax in the knowledge that all will turn out all right - eventually.

Thats not to say that one shouldn't work to improve things or make things better, this is more about the stress of trying to be in control.

I feel that one of the good things about our culture is our innovative status and the ability to bring new things into the world.  However one of the things I feel we lack is the reverence of old things and a long window into the past.  This is one of the reasons why I have so enjoyed my trips to China and England.  The ability to see and connect with the past is very important me and more importantly the reverence for things which have gone before us.  And also the ceremonies that still exist in those countries honoring their old ways and traditions while still living in the modern world.

This is what I am trying to accomplish, a practice of the Old Ways while still living in the modern world.  However now I too have a longer view.  It doesn't all have to be done today. 

Blessed Be
Priestess Najah

No comments:

Post a Comment