Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tending the President Obama Altar

Today I awake with joy and happiness in my heart that President Barack Obama, has been re-elected for a second term. 

Millions of people voted and worked very hard to bring this vision into manifestation.  For my part, I voted and I tended and kept an altar for him for four years:


On the eve of the last election in 2008, I lit a candle for then candidate Barack Obama.  I felt called to do it. No one asked me to do it, it was just what I felt needed to be done.  When he won the election four years ago, I decided it would good idea to keep the altar going for his entire term.  Little did I realize how the altar which was very small at the time, would grow into the beautiful space it has become!  On the altar is a hat my friend gave me from his hometown of Chicago, an Obama doll which was a Christmas present, the Esquire magazine which had him on the cover, one of my prized possesions - an Obama cover comic book, a homemade Obama Christmas ornament - which was a gift, candles that burned in significant ways, and the latest addition, the 2012 Obama-Biden bumper sticker!

All these items came to the altar of their own time and accord.  I learned a lot about tending an altar and making such a committment.   For starters, the purchase of candles became quite expensive and time consuming.   I've never asked for any financial support, so I had to find ways to adjust the frequency of lighting the altar, so I wouldn't break my pocketbook.  Then there were the times when I didn't agree with some of President Obama's decisions and I had to keep the altar.  That was a time of spiritual growth and dedication to my committment.  I am grateful to the Great Goddess for her bountiful blessings upon my work.

Now that President Obama has been re-elected, my charge and committment to the altar is done. I have done my duty.  But will the altar come down?  Will I stop tending it?  Is it still necessary?  These are questions I will need to answer for myself.  We will just have to see.  And if you are reading this and have any comments or suggestions, I appreciate your feedback!

Bright Blessings,
Priestess Najah

No comments:

Post a Comment