Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Saturday, September 15, 2012

"I was born an original sinner"

"I was born an original sinner, I was born from original sin and if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done, there be a mountain of money pilled up to my chin. HEY!...there was a woman in a jungle and monkey on a tree, the missionary man he was following me". Sing it Annie, Sing it!!!
Yesterday I learned Hobby Lobby is suing the Department of Health and Human services, in regards to providing insurance coverage for the Morning-After Pill.  I was livid and a bit sad, because I love to shop at Hobby Lobby, especially around Halloween time.  In fact, I had just been in the store the day before, before learning of their of their stance on the Morning-After Pill.
 
I have known for a long time Hobby Lobby is a Christian organization and respected their right to close on Sundays, so their employees can practice their faith and be with their families.  In fact I thought it was pretty cool, that they chose to do so.  But denying insurance coverage to their female employees based on their faith based practices crosses my personal line of integrity.  We are in a war in this country for equal rights for women.  Things continue to move towards dangerous grounds of turning back long hard fought rights to health care and human services.
 
Annie Lenox's song "Missionary Man" is my personal war cry.  I especially love the lyric "there was a woman in the jungle and a monkey on a tree, the missionary man he was following me".  Exactly.  Following me.  Why?  Why am I as woman and my body deemed any of their business?  It goes back to long held patriarchal beliefs that women are sin, dirty, responsible for the downfall for mankind.  Bullshit. 
 
Rise up Goddess, Rise Up!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment