Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th Magick

Today is Friday the 13th of August, 2010.  As a practicing Witch, Hoodoo Rootworker, and believer in magick, I wake up tingly and excited about this day.  I know that as there are possibly thousands of people who superstitious about this day, I for one am excited about the magick this day holds.

The number 13 is a sacred number in my world.  I resonate to it as the number of lunar cycles in the year, which corresponds to the Full Moon esbats me and my Circle hold every year.  It's the number of a powerful herb cleansing bath used in Hoodoo.  It used to be the time most girls started their period.

I began this day early. I rose at 4:00 a.m. to witness the Perseid Meteor shower and oh what a display!  As I softened my eyes I could see the sky lit up with meteors crisscrossing, zig zagging across the dark of the early morning.  And then whoosh, a huge meteor went right across the sky.  The stars were out, I could clearly see the Pleaides.  It was truly a magickal moment.

I went back to bed to grab a little more sleep, before getting ready for work.  I was excited to perform my daily prayer and meditation, where I often pull a tarot card.  Imagine my surprise when I drew:


I am attuned to the magick and surprise of this day and night!  Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment