Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blessed Lammas


Today is August 1st.  The Wheel has turned and my emotions and body can sense the change in the air.  Summer's highs are coming to a close.  There is a solemn vibe in the air.  Tonight we will feast and share drink, perhaps make a fire and contemplate the goodness the summer has brought.  We will look forward to the upcoming fall and the cold days and nights that lie ahead.

That's my spiritual voice speaking. In truth I'm a warm weather girl.  I love the sunshine and the flowers.  I love being able to go outside without layers and no socks.  I feel lifted and lightened by early mornings spent watering my garden.  Oh how I love the sunny days!

The Summer has been a blast.  Fun, fun, fun (!) days spent at the Renn Faire.  The Moonlight Classic Bike ride with 3 to 4 thousand of my closest friends, and a private party at the Renn Faire, I shall never forget.  These are the summer highs I look forward to all year and now the Wheel has turned.  Am I feeling a bit sad?  Yes a wee bit.  The Witches Almanac used the word "bittersweet" to describe this day, and indeed that is a good word for my feelings.

Yet, I know the Wheel must turn.  One of the best things about being a practicing Witch is knowing and anticipating these cycles.  I know golden days of Fall are coming.  I know Samhain is coming, and I'm already planning my celebration.  I know sparkly, white, snowy days are coming.  I love looking and walking in the Colorado snow, just not driving in it so much anymore.

So today our Pagan community will pause and honor the seasons and the turn of The Wheel.

Blessed Be.

End Trans.

No comments:

Post a Comment