Full Moon Glory!

Full Moon Glory!
Luna Bright, Full Moon Light!

Lullaby by Nox Arcana - Absolutely Lovely

Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Place of His Own



Our nineteen year old son announced to over the weekend that he was moving out.  He's got a little piece of real estate in a place with a friend.  Its a big day.  Now granted knowing the stats for kids moving out and then moving back in are high, it was the ritual of the official moment that brought this Mom to tears.

His girl and his best friend showed up to help him pack.  He took the necessities and said he'd back in a few days for other things.  Being the good Witch and Conjurer that I am, I packed him a black bag full of goodies for a young wizard stepping out on his journey.  It was hard not to really cry at that point, the moment was not lost on both of us.  "You grew up when I wasn't looking", I remember saying.

So maybe he'll be back and maybe he won't.  I know I never went back home after I left.  That determined streak may be in him too.  Time will tell.  Either way, today was a moment marked in time, and I'm glad it came with love, happiness and celebration.

Now for that shot of whiskey.

End Trans 4/4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment